Volunteering in Costa Rica
Do you want to do something different and significant this year for your holidays?
Would you like to help building a world where people value other cultures different from their own? Would you try to make a positive change, bringing awareness of the global situation in developing countries?
Volunteering is not only a noble act but in the busy business world that we live in, we often forget that there are people out there, who need our help. We are used to all commodities of the quotidian life and somehow we are not aware that by just making a small effort we can contribute a lot for a positive change in the life of other people.
Are we too selfish or simply too lazy? Can we move away for a while from the comfortable coach on from the TV, where we see daily on the news disasters happening around the world and the only words we can say are: "Oh, poor people.., I wish I could help them..." Well, if you only leave for a while the remote control, gather your thoughts, think about your skills are or which skills you would like to develop, than YES! You can help this poor children get some education and teach them a skill. You can help rescue animals. If you care about the environment, there is a programme you can participate in too.
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Values?
• We strive to foster responsibility, purpose, respect, integrity, openness, community and diversity.
• We encourage independence and social growth, and support the achievements of our participants’ education and own goals.
• We believe all people have the capacity to make changes in their own and others lives, organizations and communities. We respect individuals and value their cultures.
• We believe in being responsible, prudent, selfless, and exercising good judgment.
• We care about an accessible and professional relationship among students, volunteers, instructors, employees and the communities we serve.
• We encourage an environment that supports independent thinking, acting creatively, and being resourceful.
• We believe in adaptability to continually meet the changing needs of a dynamic society.
• We value integrity of purpose and action, and believe it is essential to all of our affairs.
Types of Programmes
Standard programs: Teaching, Children, Health, and Community
Special programs: Ecology, Environmental, Animal Care, Animals Rescue and other programs
Included in the programmes
All programs include:
About Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west, and the Caribbean Sea to the east.
Costa Rica, which means "Rich Coast", constitutionally abolished its army permanently in 1949. It is the only Latin American country included in the list of the world's 22 older democracies.
Costa Rica has consistently been among the top Latin American countries in the Human Development Index (HDI), ranked 69th in the world in 2011. Also was cited by the UNDP in 2010 as one of the countries that have attained much higher human development than other countries at the same income levels, and in 2011 was highlighted by UNDP for being a good performer on environmental sustainability, and better record on human development and inequality than the median of their region.
It was also the only country to meet all five criteria established to measure environmental sustainability. The country is ranked fifth in the world, and first among the Americas, in terms of the 2012 Environmental Performance Index.
Costa Rica on the map
Standard Programme (STP) - Teaching, Children, Health, and Community
4 weeks (STP) - (1 wk Spanish + 3 wks Volunteering) - US$ 1,073
8 weeks (STP) - (4 wks Spanish + 4 wks Volunteering) - US$ 1,850
Special Programme (SPP) - Ecology, Environmental, Animal Care, Animals Rescue, all other programs
4 weeks (SPP) - (1 wk Spanish + 3 wks Volunteering) - US$ 1,273
8 weeks (SPP) - (4 wks Spanish + 4 wks Volunteering) - US$ 1,980